As every year since 2012, the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Pompeu Fabra University (DCEXS-UPF) will celebrate its biomedical research symposium. This activity is open to all the students and scientific community from the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) and other research centres.
Due to the Covid-19 situation, the symposium will be online.
Scientific talks will be tecnhical but informative enough to be understandable and interesting to students.
David Comas – DCEXS-UPF director
They symposium will feature trending topics in biomedical research such as the evolution of the nervous system or the epigenetic face of cancer metabolism.
The invited speakers for this year’s symposium are:
- Joshua Akey, Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University
- Lucia Prieto-Godino, The Francis Crick Institute
- Sophie Martin, University of Lausanne
- Juan Martín-Serrano, King’s College London
- Alfonso Martínez Arias, DCEXS-UPF
- Vicent Pelechano, Karolinska Institutet
- Sara Sdelci, Centre for Genomic Regulation
- Caroline Uhler, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The symposium has a very broad theme in different areas of biomedicine and is representative of all DCEXS research programs, as they are the ones who have suggested the speakers.
Although this is an open activity, pre-registration is required.