What would happen if a few scientists put themselves under the artistic direction of a professional choreographer to try to explain their research through dance?
There is only one way to find out; by attending BCN Dance your Science! A unique opportunity to approach the research lines of 5 groups of the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) from a very different perspective.
- Morning session for students in 3rd and 4th ESO and 1st and 2nd Batxillerat at 11:30h. Registration for school groups is done through the PAE platform.
- Afternoon session for the general public at 18:15h. Registration is done through EventBrite and attendees are asked to come early to validate their ticket (doors open at 18:00h).
Under the artistic direction of choreographer Leo Zunda, our scientists will become dancers to bring us closer to such interesting topics as: generating false memories from the laboratory, the communication and cooperation of cells, the development of drugs to improve the cognitive abilities of people with Down Syndrome (which will have volunteers with the syndrome on stage), urban factors that affect human health or the use of modified bacteria as a treatment for some diseases.
To sum up:
- BCN Dance your Science: a show that unites dance and science
- When? Tuesday 21 November in two performances
- morning session for students at 11:30 am
- afternoon session for the general public at 6:15 pm
- Where? SAT! Sant Andreu Teatre (c/ Neopàtria, 54, 08030 Barcelona)
- Check how to get there on their website
- Price? Free
- More information and tickets: EventBrite
This project is possible thanks to the collaboration of the Barcelona City Council.