The Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM) is looking for volunteers to participate in four clinical trials to answer questions in various medical fields:
Cognition and Down Syndrome
In this observational study an evaluation of neuronal oscillations will be carried out in adult subjects with Down syndrome and in subjects with typical intellectual development, in a state of rest and during the performance of cognitive tasks.
- Healthy volunteers with normotypic development or Down syndrome
- Age: between 18 and 35 years
- Weight between 50 and 100 kg
From December 2, 2020 to April 30, 2021
CARGENCORS: How do our genes influence our ability to recover from COVID-19?
The CARGENCORS epidemiological study aims to help identify people at high genetic risk for major complications (need for assisted ventilation and even death) from COVID-19. Thus, volunteers who have passed COVID-19 in an asymptomatic, mild or moderate way are needed.
- Age: between 35 and 84 years
- That you have had a positive PCR for COVID19 or
- That you have had a positive IgG test or
- That you have had a positive rapid antigen test
From July 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021
PENSA STUDY on the prevention of cognitive impairment
It is a project that seeks effective treatments to prevent or delay dementia by following a healthy lifestyle. The study requires the participation of 200 volunteers between 60 and 80 years old with a decrease in cognitive capacities such as memory, orientation, planning or language.
- Age: between 60 and 80
- Decreased cognitive ability
- Possibility of attending the IMIM or the BBRC
- Not having a contraindication to MRIs
From January 1, 2020 to May 1, 2021
CANreduce: Do you want to cut down your cannabis use?
This study seeks to scientifically evaluate the efficacy of CANreduce, a 6-week free and completely anonymous cannabis use reduction program.
- Informed consent via application
- Minimum age of 18
- Cannabis use at least once a week in the last month
- At least 1 internet connection per week and a valid email address
- Good knowledge and command of Spanish
From November 13, 2020 to June 1, 2022