This June, Barcelona will once again focus on science. From June 8 to 12, the city will celebrate the second edition of the city and science biennial that will culminate with the fourteenth edition of the science festival, on Sunday, June 13.
This year, the biennial has more than 100 activities planned in addition to the 120 proposals for the science festival. All these activities are carried out in 40 different spaces throughout Barcelona, among which we highlight the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB), which will host both the biennial and the science festival.
In order to adapt to the regulations to prevent the spread of the pandemic, this year all activities have a limited capacity and you must register in advance on the website of the biennial city and science. Registration opened on May 25.
The PRBB at the biennial and the science festival
As happened in the first edition of the Biennial, on June 11-12 the central square of the PRBB will once again host several talks. This year they will focus on public policies to deal with Covid-19, the use of big data or artificial intelligence.
In addition, several principal investigators from the research centers located in the park will participate in talks, workshops or debates throughout the city.
- Jordi Camí, PRBB director
- Mara Dierssen – Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
- Vicky Puig, Miquel Porta, Helen Cole & Margarita Triguero-Mas – Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM)
- Marc Güell – Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Pompeu Fabra University (DCEXS-UPF)
- Ricard Solé, Tomás Marqués & Carles Lalueza-Fox – Institute for Evolutionary Biology (IBE: CSIC-UPF)
* To find the information of the different activities, click the name of each of the participating researchers.
On Sunday, a family audience will be able to enjoy workshops, demonstrations, talks and guided visits to the PRBB building.
We highlight the workshops:
- Discover the microworld and challenge the resistance – ISGlobal
- Create animals with origami – IBE: CSIC-UPF
- Do you know how good hand hygiene is done? – Hospital del Mar
We look forward to seeing you!
For more information and an interview with Ricard Solé, a researcher at IBE involved in the organisation of the Biennial, please read the article in Catalan.