On 24th September the European Research Night was held in more than 300 cities in 30 different countries with the aim of getting research closer to the general public through a range of activities.
This initiative, led by the European Commission, was coordinated in Catalonia by the Catalan Association for Scientific Communication and the Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal), among others, and included face-to-face and online activities.
In this edition, four PRBB centers were represented by different researchers:
- “ENERGHY Energizing Global Health Innovation and Entrepreneurship Summer School: innovation as a social change mechanism for global health equity”. An online conference by Marina Espriu, from ISGlobal.
- “La cuina dels biomaterials”. A workshop for children by Krisztina Arató and David Oriola Santandreu, from the European Molecular Biology Laboratory – Barcelona (EMBL Barcelona).
- “La Distrofia muscular de Duchenne: búsqueda de tratamientos moleculares innovadores para esta enfermedad incurable“. An online microconference by Claudia Patricia Santos Oñate, from the Cell Biology Laboratory at the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences, Pompeu Fabra University (DCEXS-UPF).
In addition, there were also face-to-face activities in different venues:
- “El plàncton microscòpic: la caixa negra dels oceans”. Science Slam conference by Daniel Richter, from the Institute for Evolutionary Biology (IBE: CSIC-UPF).
- “La importància de l’activitat física i la mobilitat per a persones vivint amb malalties cròniques“. Workshop by Laura Delgado and Alicia Josa, from ISGlobal.
If you missed them, you can access these online activities through the YouTube channel from “La nit de la recerca”.