On October 13, the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) premieres the second season of ‘La Mare de la Ciència‘, its science outreach podcast in Catalan.
After the success of the first edition and the premiere last June of a new podcast in Spanish, ‘Absolutos y Relativos‘, the PRBB presents the second season of ‘La Mare de la Ciència‘, which will maintain its narrative and brief format.
This second season gives voice to six new research projects that review the different aspects of biomedicine, while revealing its protagonists’ vision on the scientific life.
- The second season will kick off on Thursday, October 13 with Arnau Busquets, head of the group that studies cellular mechanisms in physiological and pathological behavior at the Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM), who will talk about how neuroscience is trying to ‘decipher behavior and combat neurodegeneration‘.
- On October 20, we will continue with the testimony of Maribel Casas, research assistant at the Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal), who will explain what ‘endocrine disruptors‘ are.
- On Thursday, October 27, we will explore the possibilities of ‘terraforming the Earth‘ with Blai Vidiella, who has done his PhD in the laboratory of complex systems at the Institute of Evolutionary Biology (IBE: CSIC-UPF).
- On November 3, Baldo Oliva, head of the GRIB structural bioinformatics group of the Department of Medicine and Life Sciences, Pompeu Fabra University (MELIS-UPF) and IMIM, will highlight ‘protein folding‘.
- On Thursday, November 10, we will discover ‘how the five fingers of the hand are formed’ with Heura Cardona, technician at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory – Barcelona (EMBL Barcelona).
- And we will close the season on November 17 listening to Sergi Bonilla, who has finished his PhD at the Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG) where he has studied whether it is possible to ‘regenerate the human retina‘.
You can listen to the episodes of this science outreach piece on Spotify, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Amazon Music, Spreaker and iVoox. We invite you to listen and share them!
‘La mare de la ciència’ is a PRBB production:
- Editing, script, voice-over and editing: Marta Vila
- Recording and post-production: Juan Sánchez, Roger Ventura, Albert Català and Teo Grimalt
- Sound: Liam Colomer (voice-over by Elena Lapaz)