Like every year, the UPF Department of Medicine and Life Sciences (MELIS-UPF) organizes its annual get together, an event that covers the span of topics studied at the department, says the new department director, Jordi Garcia-Ojalvo. The 2022 MELIS-UPF Biomedical Research Symposium will take place on October 21 in the Auditorium of the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB).
The symposium is free and open to everyone, and PRBB residents are specially encouraged to participate. You can register here.
“The program of the symposium reflects the wide span of topics addressed by MELIS researchers”
Jordi Garcia-Ojalvo, director of MELIS
Starting with a talk about the future of systems biology, there will be presentations by seven national and international speakers, which will cover a wide range of topics in biomedicine:
- Sir Paul Nurse, the Francis Crick Institute
- Joshua Akey, Princeton University
- Direna Alonso, IRB Barcelona
- Maria Bernabeu, EMBL Barcelona
- Caroline Brennan, Queen Mary University of London
- Jeremy Gunawardena, Harvard Medical School
- Thomas Steger-Hartmann, Investigational Toxicology, Bayer
We hope to see you there!