The cycle “El nostre cervell aquest gran desconegut” (Our brain, this great unknown), which will offer scientific talks about the brain, will take place between 25 April and 20 June. With a duration of 8 weeks, every Monday at 6:30 p.m., experts from the Hospital del Mar and the Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute (IMIM) will give a free talk open to all interested members of the public.
This initiative is part of the “Visions de ciència” project run by the Barcelona Library Network and in which, for the third year, the IMIM is participating as part of its programme of scientific cafés, “Un mar de ciencia”.
- Getting to know our brain. How is our brain? Do you know how our brain works when processing information, reasoning, remembering or making decisions? Do you know what cognition is?
25/04/2022 at 18:30 h at Biblioteca Camp de l’Arpa – Caterina Albert with Aida Fernández-Lebrero and Greta García.
- Headaches, everything we should know. What are the most frequent causes? Can they be prevented? Can they be treated? What if the pharmacological treatment is not enough? Can it be operated?
02/05/2022 at 18:30 h at Biblioteca El Clot – Josep Benet with Daniel Guisado Alonso and Gloria Villalba.
- Stroke: before, during and after. How can we prevent it? What treatments are available? What is the recovery process?
09/05/2022 at 18:30 h at Biblioteca Xavier Benguerel with Jaume Roquer and Esther Duarte.
- Emotions and cognition in the brain. Are emotions in the brain? Can we visualise them?
16/05/2022 at 18:30 h at Biblioteca El Clot – Josep Benet with Joan Deus and Arnau Busquets.
- Why does the brain sleep? Why do we sleep? What happens in the brain when we alternate being awake and sleeping?
23/05/2022 at 18:30 h at Biblioteca Francesca Bonnemaison with Ainara Barguilla and Ion Álvarez.
- The addicted brain. How to avoid addiction? What do we know about the addicted brain?
30/05/2022 at 18:30 h at Biblioteca Camp de l’Arpa – Caterina Albert with Rafael Maldonado and Marta Torrens.
- Eating and living with the brain in mind. Can we prevent memory loss? What role does our diet play in this? And what about our day-to-day activities?
13/06/2022 at 18:30 h at Biblioteca El Clot – Josep Benet with Anna Boronat, Aida Cuenca and Laura Forcano.